Friday 24 April 2009

Nobody's built like you. You designed yourself.

Sans Serif..?
Serif..?
Sans serif..?

Serif it is.

*waves, Hello!

Do tell me, how are you? Peaches and cream I hope. 

Things have been going just wonderful for me. I have undertaken a few journeys recently, and managed to escape, just for a couple of days, to the most lovely little corner of the world. Yes, I went to brighton. 

Imagine lunch in the sun, outside a little veggie cafe, the chairs and tables spilling into the streets. Two people each playing a cello next to the table, over a subtle hum of chatter. Then think of watching the shoreline, on a warm pebble beach, with sugary sweets. Later in the day a window seat journey and gazing into the sky. 

Perfect?

Yes. It really was.

I seem to have collected a few treasures on my travels. These including some ideal skimming stones, some sugar cubes, a vintage satchel and a black and white glamour photo. As well as an eclectic bunch of memories. Ah, not forgetting the classic stripey stick of rock. 
I would like to live in Brighton after my graduation, and work as a designer by the sea! There's just something about Brighton that puts it above other cities, something arty, and creative...alive.

My new project is probably my favorite so far. It is an A-Z poster project, to be made into a publication. It features 26 artists, each given a letter to be designed as a poster.
The response I got was incredible, managing to work with talented designers and artists from across the globe. Such as Thailand, Lithuainia, Japan, Iceland, Sweden, Paris, Australia plus more. 
The book is in its first steps at the moment, but I don't intend on rushing it, the least I can do is create something worth while, for all the people that have submitted. It's only fair. 

There's something about typographic posters that I wanted to explore. I am still trying to get my head around the world of type. It amazes me, the pure freedom and scope that there is to design a letter, an alphabet, a symbol of communication. 

Here are a couple of the submissions.
Ponder & Appreciate.








Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I have also been across country to Blackpool. This was a lot of fun, as I was with a couple of best friends. We visited the aquarium and went on some rides....We had some chips and 10p cup of tea on the blustery sea front. Blackpool is fun, but Blackpool is not Brighton.


Photobucket


I think I should go and do some more design work now, there really is no time for waffle! a Deadline is looming!





I will be back soon.
With updates and so forth.
But until then,
If you do one thing today,
take a moment to
look at the sky. 





Photobucket


No comments: